Saturday, November 28, 2009

Second Best & Better



He is a little poem about feeling second best, like everyone is better than you and you can't compare, well two poems. I feel like this right now.





SECOND BEST




He tries...
He lies...
She was my friend first
My face was just pumpled into the dirt

I feel left out
Our friendship i kind of doubt
Even with friends I'm second best
My feelings just won't rest

Look at them, there so pretty
Look at me, I'm still so kiddy
It's worse now
I feel like to them i must bow

They act like they don't see it
Bet you my light will never be lit
Even with looks I'm second best
My feelings just won't rest

My grade on a test
It's my best
Someone got higher
The person who told me I'm smart is a liar

They can do anything
Maybe even sing
Even in grades I'm second best
My feelings just won't rest

Welcome to my second rate life
Bet you I'll be a second rate wife
Even with what I love to do
I'm number two

They say I'll fly
Before I can I'll die
Even in my own life I'm second best
My feelings just won't rest





BETTER

There everything I'm not
everyone likes them a lot
With one letter
I knew they were better

How can i compare?
around them i feel like a fat, ugly, mean bear.
There better in every way
They bring joy to everyday

Why am i me?
Why not she or he?
There so perfect
I'm so imperfect

Everything i do they're better
I knew with just one letter
Better, that's what they are
They drive away from imperfection in a cool car

No comments:

Post a Comment